Did you know that up to 90% of a businesses value can come from its intellectual property? For example, Google’s trademark has been valued in excess of $100 billion! That’s why it’s critical to make sure your business protects itself by registering its intellectual property before releasing it to the world.
But what exactly is intellectual property? Here is a brief overview of the four main categories:
Copyright protection exists from the moment a work is created in a fixed, tangible form of expression.
A trademark is used to identify, distinguish the goods and services of one provider from those of others.
A US design patent covers the ornamental design for an object. Generally speaking, a design patent is governed by the same rules as a utility patent.
In general, a utility patent protects the way an invention is used and works.
Registering a trademark or patent with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) can be a difficult and confusing process. In fact, applications that are submitted by an attorney are, on average, 50% more likely to be granted. Given that stat, why would you risk the future success of your business to just anyone?
Eskander Loshak has helped countless businesses in Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach, and all over South Florida with the registration of their intellectual property. Our team of knowledgeable attorneys can help you with the following services:
- Software Patents
- Trademark Applications
- Patentability Opinions (used to determine if an invention may be entitled to a patent)
- Freedom to Operate Opinions (used to determine if a good or service infringes on another’s rights)
- Licensing Agreements (documents used to generate revenue from patents, trademarks, and other intellectual property)
- Patent Applications (mechanical, electrical, chemical and software-related inventions)
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (documents used to protect confidential information
- Music Licensing
- Local Counsel Representation
- Domain Name Disputes (disputes regarding the ownership of a domain name or website)
- Design Patents
- Copyright Registrations
- IP Due Diligence
Protecting your business and ideas is always important to a business owner. When it comes to inventing a new product or service, writing a book, or creating a work of art, you should always know that you’re protected from others stealing your work and obtaining the fruits of your labor. Let the experienced team at Eskander Loshak LLP help you file a patent, trademark, or copyright application today.
Eskander Loshak LLP is one of Florida’s leading business and real estate law firms.
Contact us today to see how we can help you and your business succeed.
Main: (954) 334-1122 | Fax: (954) 338-1380 | [email protected]
© 2019 Eskander Loshak LLP. All rights reserved.